Bikini Advice and Tips Before Buying
Not sure what style of bikini will suit your figure best? Worried you may have been hitting those chocolate biscuits a little too hard since last summer and might not look too hot in a two-piece? Need help choosing colours and styles? Read our brief guide to bikini style and body shape below:
1. What's hot in bikini fashion this summer? Polka dot bikinis are back (although they never went away!) and nautical stripes are hot all over. Bold, floral pattern bikini set are also in as is retro bikinis from the psychadelic 60's...in fact, bikinis are just HOT regardless!
2. Accessorise your bikini with a sexy sarong or kaftan! Nothing looks sexier or more elegant than a beautifully tied sarong or pareo blowing in the breeze as you strut your stuff on the sand. It also allows you to sneakily cover up whilst losing none of the style.
3. Choose colours you can get away with. Metallic bikini sets like silver, gold and bronze bikinis are in again this summer but beware as reflective surfaces accentuate all your curves so unless you have that perfect body, or close to it, then these are going to highlight all your imperfections. For the safest bet go with a black bikini set - it's the best all purpose colour which anyone can get away with. If you are small busted then consider that bright colours or bold prints visually enhance a chest area giving the illusion being larger.
4. If you need a little extra support in the bust department then don't despair at the thought of bikinis being nothing more than two eye-patches connected by a piece of string because there is help at hand. Many speciliast bikini designers and manufacturers now offer subtle support, underwiring and padding without losing out on any of the style. Larger sizes are also available for example La Senza retro bikini sets go up to an F cup bikini size and if you have a more boyish figure then padded bikinis are available with subtle padding.
5. Bows, buckles and other adornment on the bikini bottoms throw in some curves to a boyish lower body section.
6. Opt for halterneck bikini tops if you are large chested for extra support. Also look for underwired bikini tops and specialist plus size bikini range and styles.
7. Smaller chested ladies can seek out the discretely padded bikini tops offered by the likes of Princesse Tam Tam amongst others. The good news is, all those hundreds of triangle bikinis which come out every year are ideal for you!
8. Use a cover-up like a sarong to hide cellulite and anything else you'd rather not expose on your lower body.